Freshwater / Akwaeke Emezi.
- 17 of 21 copies available at Sitka. (Show)
- 0 of 0 copies available at Kootenay Library Federation.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Fernie Heritage Library.
0 current holds with 0 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
- ISBN: 9780802127358
- ISBN: 9780802128997 (trade paperback)
- Physical Description: 229 pages ; 22 cm
- Publisher: New York : Grove Press, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018.
Ada begins her life in the south of Nigeria as a troubled baby and a source of deep concern to her family. Her parents, Saul and Saachi, successfully prayed her into existence, but as she grows into a volatile and splintered child, it becomes clear that something went terribly awry. When Ada comes of age and moves to America for college, the group of selves within her grows in power and agency. A traumatic assault leads to a crystallization of her alternate selves: Asụghara and Saint Vincent. As Ada fades into the background of her own mind and these selves, now protective, now hedonistic, move into control, Ada's life spirals in a dark and dangerous direction.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Women > Nigeria > Fiction.
Identity (Psychology) > Fiction.